Thursday, June 06, 2024

For Crumpet, on her last day

 

She was a racing horse south of Picton way 
Then she hit the big time in the USA.
And if she could only hear me
This is what I’d say

Oh, Crumpie pie
You are driving me crazy
I’m in love but I’m lazy
So won’t you please come home?

Oh, Crumpie pie, my position is tragic
Come and show me the magic
Of your Belmont Downs stride

You became a legend of the racing scene
And now the thought of meeting you
Makes me weak in the knee

Oh, Crumpie Pie, you are making me very low
Sail across Lake Ontario
To be where you belong
Crumpie Pie, come back to me

(Ooh, yeah
I like it like that, oh ah)

(I like this kind of hot kind of music
Hot kind of music
Play it to me, play it to me, Belmont Park blues)

Will the wind that blew her boat across the Bay
Kindly send her sailing back to me?
Hey, hey, hey

Now, Crumpie Pie, you are making me crazy
I'm in love but I'm lazy
So, won't you please come home?
Come, come back to me, Crumpie Pie

Ooh, oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Crumpie Pie, Crumpie Pie


After Honey Pie by Lennon and McCartney.

I'd sing this to her while Nancy soaked her hooves in epsom salts.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?